G Suite Basic VS G Suite Business Vs G Suite Enterprise: Which is best for your business?
The G Suite offering, formerly known as Google Apps, differs according to the target audience. The traditional version is free and you can use it by registering a Gmail account. G Suite Business, on the other hand, is focused on Apps, professional and collaborative use and provides subscription plans with a series of additional services: corporate email, centralized management of resources, ability to regulate teamwork and much more.
In this article, we will analyze the main differences between these three solutions, thus providing you with a good starting point to understand which one can do for you.
G Suite Basic Vs G Suite Business Vs G Suite Enterprise: Features and costs
G Suite Basic
G Suite Basic is $5 per user per month + VAT and includes:
- Business email with Gmail
- Video and voice meetings
- Shared smart calendars
- Documents, worksheets and presentations
- Telephone assistance, via email and online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Security and administration controls
- 30 GB of cloud storage
G Suite Business
G Suite Business costs 8 euros per user per month + VAT and, in addition to what is provided in Basic, adds:
- Unlimited cloud storage (or 1 TB per user if users are less than 5) instead of 30 GB.
- Archive and set retention policies for email and chat
- eDiscovery for email, chat and files
- Audit reports monitoring user activities
G Suite Enterprise
G Suite Enterprise costs $25 per user per month. In addition to the Basic and Business tools, G Suite Enterprise offers enhanced security, controls, and customization. It integrates:
- Preventing data loss for Gmail
- Prevention of data loss for Drive
- Integration of Gmail with compatible third-party storage tools
- Business-level access control with security token enforcement
- Analysis of Gmail logs in BigQuery
Aside from the unlimited storage, G Suite Enterprise comes with access to Google Vault. GSuite Vault allows users to archive, search and export their emails and documents from a secure cloud storage system.
Vault is a critical feature for businesses who deal with legally sensitive documents, records, and communications. Vault allows administrators to run audits, as well as easily search across any user within their GSuite Domain.
Vault is a standard feature of the GSuite Apps package, but can also be added to existing GSuite Apps for Work users for an additional $5 per month.
GSuite business is a powerful productivity tool for modern business users. GSuiEntreprise brings all of the features of GSuite, with additional GSuite Apps Vault functionality and administrative functions.
GSuite Enterprises is perfect for larger organizations and enterprises, but even smaller operations may require the data redundancy offered by Google Vault.
Unlimited drive storage is also a key selling feature of GSuite Business and EnterorApps and maybe the deciding point for many users who see a limitation in the 30GB offered by GSuite Basic.